NZ accommodation #2: The Green House on the Hill, Bed &Breakfast @ Napier, North NZ

When I had decided to try out different type of accomodations in NZ, I started to look for an affordable B&B. After many comparisons, my pick was The Green House on the Hill, Bed and Breakfast, Napier . This B&B has limited rooms(two if not mistaken) to offer and the room rate is NZ$135.

The stay at Green House was a pleasant one from the beginning. The first thing that caught my attention was the welcome board with my name on the tree. :)

The spacious room was beautifully furnished, tastefully decorated with many little extra touches and spotlessly clean. We spent some time on the comfortable two seater before bed, uploading photos and accessing the free WIFI.

I just like the fact that we could park our car in front of the room. It made loading and unloading so much easier.

Our room had an ensuite bathroom, I remember another room had a private bathroom too, but it was not ensuite.

We enjoyed a great evening with the complimentary red wine and snack. The snack(homemade by Ruth, I assume) is very tasty.

The next morning when I woke up, I found Ruth in the kitchen and breakfast is all set. Ruth is very friendly and she enjoy meeting with different people.

At first, I was a bit disappointed when I read from their page that The Green House does not serve cooked breakfast. But then I have to give thumbs up to Ruth. Everything served in the breakfast was either homemade or carefully picked. The cheese and fruit platter gave us a chance to sample different cheese and fruits at one time. We had a hearty breakfast before leaving for Wellington.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and just wish that we could have stayed longer. For the lovely cosy room, warm hospitality and delicious breakfast, check out their page and book a room!

The Green House on the Hill
View website
View tripadvisor review

3 comments:

The Green Blog on the Hill

Thank you, what a lovely surprise to find this. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Ruth

soo sean

Ruth, surprise that you have found my post. You have such a lovely house and we definitely have enjoyed our stay!

Unknown

Really an awesome New Zealand Accommodation ! This got all those features which are there in an ideal accommodation. Luxuries and comfort are blended in a superb manner in this accommodation.